This assignment is NOT a traditional research paper – instead it is to be written as a news article that you might read on a magazine website such as Wired.com or Salon.com. Please do not rush the assignment – or simply hand in your first draft.
An outline based on the format below is REQUIRED – and MUST approved before you can complete the assignment.
WORKING TITLE: “So you want to work as a ________ in Electronic Media & Film?”
PLEASE USE OUTINE as format: 1-2-3-4
1. Introduction to Field in 2014
2. Overview of related traditional media & new forms of social media including YouTube, Facebook, etc.
3. Focus on Specific area – such as writing or video editing – and SPECIFIC EDUCATION, INTERNSHIPS and SKILLS required.
4. Future of selected career path as technology continues to change.
RESEARCH: Any relevant websites including blogs on career trends in communication including:
New Media & Technology
2 good resources to start:
RADIO & TV Jobs: http://www.careerpage.org/jobtypes.php
NAB Guide to Careers in television: http://www.nab.org/documents/television/ NABTelevisionCareersSecondEdition.pdf
From the Course Syllabus:
2. ARTICLE: The student will write ONE 1500 word (4-5 pages) article on a topic related to Electronic Media and Film chosen by the Instructor. The article will be evaluated on BOTH content and grammar. Please do NOT submit your first draft – take
the time to polish your article suitable to publish in a magazine or on-line technology website. The article is worth a total of 84 points.
Full 4 pages excluding the first and reference pages