Write a 700- to 1,050-word essay that analyzes a workplace conflict using Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Emperor’s New Clothes” and Harvey’s concept “The Abilene Paradox.” Your paper should answer the following questions:
- Briefly, what is the Abilene paradox?
- Does the story “The Emperor’s New Clothes” provide a good example of the Abilene paradox? Why or why not?
- When have you experienced an Abilene paradox in your own work or personal life? Describe the situation and answer the following questions:
- How was your own situation similar to Harvey’s description of the Abilene paradox and Andersen’s story “The Emperor’s New Clothes”?
- What were the causes and consequences of this failure to manage agreement?
- Could the situation have been handled differently? How? What approach may have led to a better outcome?
Adhere to APA guidelines when writing your paper