Assignment: The Key Concepts in Economics
Due Week 8 and worth 175 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Identify at least four (4) key points of a relevant economic article from either the Strayer Library or a newspaper. The article must deal with any course concepts covered in Weeks 1-8.
Select a paper with at least four key points from any concept or theory covered in this course from Weeks 1-8. Concepts and theories covered in other courses will NOT receive any credit.
Write at least ONE complete paragraph of at least 300 words for EACH key point. Please write ONE point in ONE paragraph or sub-section. Do NOT put more than ONE point in ONE paragraph.
You must relate to the article for each key point identified. A general discussion of the concept or theory itself does NOT count. You have the specifically explain how your identified concept or theory applies to the particular case in the article of your choice.
2. Apply one (1) of the following economic concepts (supply, demand, market structures, elasticity, costs of production, GDP, Unemployment, inflation, aggregate demand, and aggregate supply) to the key points that you highlighted in Question 1.
Your choice has to be among supply, demand, market structures, elasticity, costs of production, GDP, Unemployment, inflation, aggregate demand, and aggregate supply. You will NOT receive credit if you apply other concepts outside this list, even if it is covered in Weeks 1-8 reading materials.
You need to write at least 500 words for this analysis. Tables and diagrams do not count, but you are welcome to use them for illustration.
3. Explain how the concept that you identified in Question 2 could affect the U.S. economy.
You need to write at least 400 words for this analysis. Tables and diagrams do not count, but you are welcome to use them for illustration.
4. In your concluding paragraph, state whether you agree or disagree with the economic article identified in Question 1. Provide a rationale for the response.
You need to write at least 300 words for this analysis. Tables and diagrams do not count, but you are welcome to use them for illustration.
Your assignment must have Section Heading for Introduction, Conclusion, and each requirement (for example, Key Points, Demand-Supply Model, The Impact of Market Structure Analysis on the US Economy) listed above, in addition to the follow formatting requirements:
• Use at least three (3) quality resources (Web resources will be discounted if not refereed) in this assignment with one (1) being your article.
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
I am uploading a newpaper article. But feel free to choose another newspaper article if this is not broad enough. Also please choose from newspaper like Wall Street Journal, L A times,New York Times …please thanks.I this upload I am also including the grading rubric
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order