Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology #6
- When workers are at risk for cold stress, describe at least three general and three specific controls that should be implemented.
- What are two physiological responses to cold stress?
- Describe at least four work practice controls that may be used for working in a hot environment.
- What are the three main characteristics of clothing that affect thermal balance?
- What physiological responses to heat exposure may be used to monitor an employee?
- Read Using the Heat Index: A Guide for Employers (Links to an external site.) by OSHA.
OSHA has initiated a new outreach using a heat index instead of the WBGT. Is this a better way to evaluate and protect against heat stress? Why or why not?