Read “Citicorp and Subprime Lending” found on page 714 of the textbook. Answer the following questions (located at the end of the Case Study): DBA 7035, Business, Government and Society 4
1. Are there moral concerns associated with subprime lending? Are those moral concerns based on utilitarianism, rights, or justice considerations?
2. What should CitiFinancial do about single-premium life insurance?
3. What should CitiFinancial do about the other allegations of abuse?
4. Should Citigroup support the efforts of ACORN and AARP to weed out unscrupulous practices? Should it support tighter regulatory supervision of the subprime lending market?
5. What policies should Citigroup adopt for subprime lending?
Baron, D. P. (2010). Business and its environment (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.