Questions to consider:
- What is the “image” of the Coleman Museum of Art? Why is image important for a museum?
- How would you rate the overall performance of the Coleman Museum of Art?
- What are the roles and financial expectations for a museum’s auxiliary activities and how are these activities performing?
- What recommendations should Ms. Mercer and Mr. Pate make to the Coleman museum’s Board of Trustee. Why?
Financial things to consider:
- What are the contribution margins of each category of membership? Is the $50 membership profitable to the museum? (obtained through direct mail)
- Should the museum charge $2 admission fee? Why or why not?
- Should they eliminating the 15% member discount for the gift shop? Why or why not?