- Develop at least five (5) questions to be asked during an interview regarding a person’s study of mathematical constructs;
- Type your questions cleanly out
- When you save the file, add your lastname_firstinitial to the filename. ie. “Interviewquestions_doe_j”
- Submit your Service Learning Project Interview Questions
The full assignment details are below, which you will complete during a later week in the course; refer to the weekly overviews for specific deadlines
- Focus on the following questions
- What is math anxiety and where does it stem from?
- How can learners overcome math anxiety?
- Research the questions via online resources and/or through discussions with math teachers or tutors (keep track of your sources.)
- Based on the above research, develop at least five (5) questions to be asked during an interview regarding a person’s study of mathematical constructs
- Using the questions you’ve constructed, interview a minimum of two (2) people who have taken a high school or college level algebra course and one (1) person who is taking a 5th grade or lower level math course.
- Then develop a one (1) page minimum summary -OR- ten (10) slide minimum online presentation that includes the following
- Your interview
- Research findings
- Comparing attitudes towards the study of mathematics at higher and lower levels
- You will need to cite your sources using APA style guidelines, so keep a record for your bibliography
- You must complete every portion of the Service Learning Project process in order to pass the course.