In this discussion we’ll be exploring specific resources and services for domestic voilence survivors in your local community.
- The First Strike Campaign: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/tips/safe_havens_directory.html
For the purposes of this discussion topic please complete all of the following and respond to at least 2 of your classmates’ posts. Please use proper in-text citations and references to support your statements.
1. What is a safety plan? Attach a copy of an adult safety plan and a copy of a child’s safety plan to your post.
2. What is a “safe haven” program for pets? Is there a program that will shelter survivors’ pets in your local area?
- Name of nearest Safe Haven Program
Resources for Survivors
Name of State:
1. Name of local domestic violence program:
- Is there a charge for services?
- Are there any survivors that the program won’t serve? If yes, please explain
- Do you think there is anything particularly beneficial or problematic regarding services provided by this program?
2.(Name of city) Police Department
3. District (or County) Attorney’s Office
4. National Domestic Violence Hotline