Part 1: Research the following questions using the GCU Library and the Internet:
- What is a learning disability? (Locate 2-3 definitions/explanations)
- How do individuals with learning disabilities process information? What challenges are related to how these individuals process information?
Part 2: Identify a student who has a learning disability and answer the following questions:
- In which academic area(s) does the student struggle?
- In which academic area(s) does the student have strengths?
- How does the student’s disability influence his or her ability to socially interact with others (social skills)?
Part 3: Identify one area in which the student academically struggles.
- Choose one skill you will teach the student using a learning strategy. Note: This strategy must be generalizable and have less than seven steps. Write a lesson plan following these steps based on Hunter’s model:
- Learning objective (make sure you indicate the state and national standards related to this objective).
- Prerequisite skills needed in relation to this objective.
- Prerequisite skills the student currently does/does not have.
- Anticipatory set (remember, you want to motivate the student to learn this skill and indicate how learning the skill will facilitate learning in other areas).
- Lesson input
- Guided practice (remember to always use controlled materials when first introducing a skill)
- Independent practice (remember to not allow students to independently practice a skill until it is mastered and there is automaticity).
- Implement the lesson plan with the student and provide, in written form, a reflection with regard to effectiveness of the strategies. Also, please include a reflection indicating what you would do the same/different if you were to use this strategy again.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word essay in which you include information from each of the three parts above. Be detailed in the information requested for Parts 1 and 2. For Part 3, reflect on the effectiveness of the strategies you used, and how you would revise the lesson if you were to use these strategies again.
Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is not required. Cite in-text and in the References section. Attach the original lesson plan,
Please use a 3rd grade for lesson plan