Answer the following questions in short paragraphs:
1. What benefits do you reap from your social network? Are these benefits economic, social, and/or psychological?
2. What is one issue that elicits considerable disagreement in the larger society? Can you think of more than two sides to this issue?
3. One aspect of the debate over immigration deals with the meaning and power of words. Some argue that the term “illegal immigrant” criminalizes and stigmatizes people, not their behavior. Others dismiss this concern, saying the debate is a waste of time and takes out attention away from other more important issues. How do you feel about the terms illegal immigrants” and “illegals?”
4. In what ways will an increasingly global environment alter the skills required by your chosen career? (Manager)
5. Google the phrase “unique social networks.” Visit at least three social networking sites geared toward people from cultural backgrounds that are very different from your own. Identify these sites and the audience they target. In general, how do they add to your awareness and understanding of diversity?
– References can be up to 5, does not have to be 5.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order