classical conditioning and phobias
Step Three: Your next step is to write a research question that addresses your selected category and topic. I
“How does classical conditioning explain phobias?”
Sub-questions “What are phobias?” or “How are phobias classified and categorized?”
Select a Topic, Ask a Question, Develop a Plan
• Select a Topic, Ask a Question, Develop a Plan Scoring Guide.
• Draft Research Guide – Undergraduate
• Writing Feedback Tool.
• APA Paper Style Template.
Step One: Your first task with this assignment is to select a broad area from which to select a topic to investigate.
Step Two: Next, you are to choose a topic from one of the above areas. For example, from the Classical Conditioning category, “classical conditioning and phobias.”
Step Three: Your next step is to write a research question that addresses your selected category and topic. It’s important to ask a good question because it will guide your entire project. Below are some suggestions for writing a research question:
• “How does classical conditioning explain phobias?”
• Sub-questions “What are phobias?” or “How are phobias classified and categorized?”
• Recognize your own biases as you ask your question. For example, you may believe that phobias are best addressed by aversion therapy, but you should ask your question in a neutral manner. For example, “What does the research show about the effectiveness of aversion therapy in the treatment of phobias?” is a neutral question.
Step Four: For this final step, you are to develop a research plan that will guide your project. In your plan, include the following areas:
1. a statement about the purpose and significance of your research question.
2. a description of how and where you intend to look for sources to address your question.
3. a statement about how your research topic and question factors into your personal and professional goals.
4. Three preliminary APA-formatted citations and references.
• Use these headings for your assignment: (1) Research Category; (2) Research Topic; (3) Research Question: (4) Research Plan.
• Include three APA-formatted citations and references.
• Use Microsoft Word.
• Allow 2–5 pages in which to write your plan.
• Submit your plan no later than Sunday at 11:59 pm (CST/CDT) at the end of unit three.
• Submit your paper to Turnitin.
• Submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.
• Direct questions about the assignment to your instructor.