Using one (or more) of the free resources below, write a three- to four-page critique of three lesson plans (one Grade K-5 lesson, one Grade 7-8 lesson, and one high school lesson) in regard to addressing the needs of students with learning disability (LD) or communication disorder (CD). Make sure to include at least one additional scholarly source beyond those listed below. Your critique should address the following elements:
- Determine the elements of each lesson that would be specifically helpful in addressing the needs of a student with LD or CD.
- Generate ideas for adaptations that you might make to the lesson to more effectively support students with disabilities. Discuss research-based strategies that could be used to enhance learning in the lesson.
- Identify and describe potential accommodations, modifications, or supplemental services within the context of the lesson that could support the needs of students with LD or CD.
- Generate at least five ways that a teacher could leverage learning strategies, social interactions, and behavior supports within the lesson to address student needs.
Sources for lesson plans:
- Classroom Resources
- Discovery Education
- Digital History
- Hotchalk Lesson Plans Page
- Lessons Plans
- PBS Teachers
Your critique must be three to four pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and must be in APA format.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.