An important part of assisting at-risk children and families is having knowledge of the resources and programs available as sources of support. As such, a significant part of your course work in EDU644 involves discovering, analyzing, and creating resources! In your analysis of various descriptions of at-risk this week in Discussion 1, you discovered that those living in poverty are at-risk, with significant factors impacting their well-being and ability to thrive. In this discussion, you will examine online resources with information and supports for individuals and groups in poverty. Using what you discover, start developing your ideas for the website you will begin to create in Week Two.. Therefore, during your investigation, it is important that you take note of how the websites are organized and the way content is presented. Considering what makes a resource effective will help you design comparable organization and content structures in your own website. To prepare for this discussion, examine the Poverty USA website. Additionally, review the Week One Instructor Guidance, making sure to review the intellectual elaboration and the section dedicated to guidance for the assessments.
Initial Post: Create an initial post addressing the following:
- Summarize what you learned from the Poverty USA website and how this knowledge will be useful to you in your current or future professional practice.
- Summarize the statistical data from the Poverty USA website that explains the impact poverty has on children and families and include at least one example of a program, policy, or resource that provides support. Be sure to explain how the example provides support and cite where the information is located on the Poverty USA website.
- Describe the organizational and content features of the Poverty USA website that were particularly helpful, innovative, interactive, or that otherwise caught your attention and that you might emulate when creating your own website in this course.
- Using your preferred search engine, locate at least one additional website focused on groups in poverty and cite the website in your initial post. Include a two-to-three sentence description of the type of information included in the website.
- Describe the organizational and content features of the website you located that were particularly helpful, innovative, interactive, or that otherwise appealed to you and that you might emulate when creating your own website in this course.