The final assignment for the course will be a research paper. The Research Paper will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Research Paper
This final research paper must demonstrate the understanding of new learning in the field of project management and how it relates to purchasing and supply management. This is an assignment with a length of 10 – 12 pages that should integrate the reading, multi-media, and class discussion boards. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text as well as at least five sources from reputable sources or online library to support your views.
Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible or build from your learning in the discussion boards. Use at least one project of which you have been a team member or a project manager as an example to describe the topics below:
The following topics must be included in order for the paper to be complete:
- Summarize the concepts of procurement and contract management and the importance to the business world.
- Evaluate RFP selection tools and how to improve the assessment of proposals.
- Summarize the concept of procurement planning and evaluate the various strategies necessary for project success.
- Assess how to select the most qualified vendor in a proposal.
- Appraise the contract and in particular, the legal aspects of procurement within the contract.
- Compare the critical elements of a contract including relationships between the client, supplier, completion terms and payment terms.
The final Research Paper for the course must be submitted by to the instructor by 11:59 p.m. of the time zone in which you reside on the last day of the class.
Writing the Research Paper
- Must be 10 – 12 double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library, in addition to the textbook.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.