Select one U.S. presidential, foreign policy doctrine.
- Provide a brief summary of the foreign policy doctrine.
- Explain the historical circumstances that produced the military doctrine.
- Provide a specific example when the military doctrine was utilized.
- Analyze the short term and long term result of this specific example.
- Evaluate the foreign policy doctrine in terms of U.S. self-interest and America’s international reputation.
*Although you may pick any modern, presidential foreign policy doctrine relevant to this discussion – here are some notable, presidential foreign policy doctrines: