Please address each question below with complete sentences and clear, specific explanation. The total word count (including all questions and your answers) should be between 750-1,250 words.
- Select one teaching of Jesus from one of the following Bible verses (underline passage): Matthew 5:21-24, Matthew 5:43-48, Matthew 6:19-24, Matthew 7:15-23, Luke 15:1-32, John 13:1-17, 34-35, John 15:1-11. Answer the following questions:
- What was Jesus’ point in the teaching?
- What sort of relevance does this teaching have for other worldviews?
- What does this teaching reveal about Jesus?
- Identify at least one claim that Jesus made about His nature and/or the purpose of His ministry (such as in Mark 2:1-12, Matt 9:9-13, Luke 7:18-23, John 5:16-18, John 10:25-38, or John 14:5-11). Underline the passage chosen. What is the significance of this claim?
- How would you personally answer Jesus’ question, “But who do you say that I am?” Describe your own beliefs about Jesus.