|Disaster Preparedness Assignment
Essay Dragons writer please follow what I wrote next to ##writer##. Please see below. Thanks
1. Select a vulnerable population in your community (this could be the population at an elementary school, population at a homeless shelter, residents at a long-term care facility, etc.). Describe the population and explain why you have chosen it. Explain its location in the community and the community at large.
##writer## The vulnerable population I chose is people who have dementia and living at home in Concord, MA.
2. Describe the special needs of the group in the event of a disaster
##writer## Please use this pdf “Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Dementia: Lessons from 9/11, Katrina & Sandy”
People with dementia are especially vulnerable to chaos and emotional trauma.
3. Identify the resources in your community to meets this group’s needs.
##writer## One resource is the Concord Emergency Management Agency (http://concordma.gov/pages/CEMA)
##writer## One major gap is that there are not shelters that the community can benefit from in case of emergency. Stow, MA has a detailed paper showing where to go. It is called the Stow’s Shelter plan
5. Explain the role of the PHN in meeting these needs. Support your ideas with at least one article from a peer reviewed nursing journal.
6. Cite your sources using APA format.