Each discussion answer must be a minimum of 400 words. Also no headlines please.
You will select a corrections policy issue. Examine the issues surrounding the corrections policy issue, and determine the effects of the policy on the other components of the criminal justice system. Support your claims with examples from scholarly sources, and properly cite your references with both in-text and APA citation at the end of your post.
To frame this discussion, you should consider the following questions:
- What should we do about prison overcrowding?
- What role will prisons play in the future?
- Will the focus be punishment or treatment?
- Does the state have a responsibility to train inmates with employment skills?
- Should we allow inmate labor (prison industries) as a for-profit industry?
Select a juvenile justice policy issue, and evaluate it based on one of the following theories: classical, biological and biosocial, psychological, social disorganization and anomie, school, interpersonal and situational theories, control, labeling, or radical. Determine how the theory shaped the juvenile justice policy. Support your claims with examples from scholarly sources, and properly cite your references with both in-text and APA citation at the end of your post.
When preparing your initial post, consider the following questions:
- What should be done about serious juvenile offenders?
- How should we address issues with violent gangs?
- Should we allow juveniles to be transferred to the adult court, and if so, under what circumstances?
- Should we allow the federal and state governments to execute juvenile offenders?