Select a clinic or community agency that services the vulnerable populations in the State of Texas and discuss what requirements you must have to get these services and what services are offered. You must follow the directions given.
In this Discussion, you will select a clinic or community agency within the community. The organization you select must serve the needs of a vulnerable population group. Research the clinic or agency to obtain a clear idea of services provided and the specific population it serves. It is not necessary for you to make an on-site visit. However, you must cite the source(s) from which you obtained the information about the clinic or community agency.
Examples of clinical or community health agencies:
Parishes Employee/Occupational Health
Infection Control in hospitals Public Health Department
Refugee Centers Child/Adult Protective Services
School Health Clinic Hospice
Halfway House: Drug Abuse, Prison, etc. Homeless Center
Public Clinics: Pediatric, Psychiatric, OB, Geriatric, Migrant, etc. Rehab Program: Cardiac, etc.
Shelters: Homeless, Women’s, etc. HIV/AIDS programs/clinics
Veterans’ agencies Adolescent Programs
Group homes for MHMR clients, etc. Support groups for cancer, sexual abuse, etc. survivors
Research the selected agency and using the following headings, discuss:
1. Name of agency and why you selected this agency;
2. Brief history and mission of the agency;
3. Target population the agency serves;
4. Services and programs offered;
5. What criteria (i.e. income, age, etc.) must clients meet in order to be served by the agency;and
6. What you found interesting about this agency or helpful for you as a professional nurse.
7. Cite and reference the information you report on, as appropriate.