HRD 351 Occupational Internship
1. Review a training program at your internship site – you should select one you can actually attend. Include a copy of the training program or an outline of it in your final project.
2. What are the driving forces behind this training (why is it being given)?
3. Do they contract externally for any of their training?
4. Do a critical review of the training program you reviewed or attended and answer the following questions about it:
• Was it scheduled at appropriate times for the employees?
• Was the curriculum appropriate with a front, middle, and end?
• Was the program sequenced properly?
• Was transfer of training built into the program?
• Were different methods of instruction employed?
• Was it active training for the participants?
• Was there an ice breaker or opening exercise?
• What type of tool was used to evaluate the training program (i.e. use of surveys, focus groups, interviews, pre-test post-test, etc.)?
• Did the evaluation tool measure levels 1-4 according to Kirkpatrick’s model?
• How often is this training given?
• Who conducted the training?
• What training media and equipment were used?
• What was the cost of the training?
5. How would you change the program to improve it?