Major Paper (including a Fishbone Diagram):
1. Select a health priority identified by Healthy People 2020, a location in your state that you will use to focus your analyses, and a focus vulnerable population.
a. Provide a description of the size of the public health problem at a national-, state-, and, local-level. Make sure to explain how it relates to your focus population. You will also want to look at the rates over time.
2. Once you’ve assessed the burden of the health topic develop a fishbone diagram and in narrative explain your diagram
a. Include in diagram at least 3 categories of Determinants of Health – e.g. social environment, physical environment, prosperity (see below— Figure 2-11) that are linked to the your health problem. For each of the categories of determinants, select two factors to analyze. For instance, if you select prosperity as a determinant, you may want to look at unemployment and income.
3. Summarize your findings and make 3-5 recommendations for public health interventions specific to your identified vulnerable populations in terms of cultural sensitivity and appropriateness.
4. Write paper using APA format.
5. Paper length 8 to 10 pages. At least 5 references.