Patients requiring critical care often face health challenges that are life threatening compromising their physiological status making them more vulnerable to complications. Nurses must have to the knowledge to identify and advocate for changes in their patient’s status.
Advance directives, antimicrobial stewardship and organ donation are just three examples of current trends and issues where nurses require the knowledge to identify and manage. Please choose one of those topics for your scholarly paper.
Consider the following in the writing of your paper:
1. Discuss the current trends and issues of your chosen topic.
2. Relate your findings to the standards of care for the critically ill.
3. Discuss a plan of care for the collaborative management of your chosen topic.
4. Integrate theory and personal experience.
It is expected to be in scholarly format to include an introduction, body and conclusion with the content guided by the questions posed on the related topic. The intent of this evaluation is learning, it is important to seek appropriate resources in the literature to support your position. Always cite your sources and include references used in your writing in keeping with APA format. Minimum word count 1000. Marking rubric.
Submit as requested to DC Connect as an attachment in a WORD document to the DROPBOX. All academic submissions will be analyzed by TURNITIN for plagiarism.
Below are three scholarly papers that may help you with your decision in choosing a topic.
Advance directives in the trauma intensive care unit: Do they really matter?
Antimicrobial Stewardship: Application in the Intensive Care Unit
End-of Life Decision Making, Organ donation and Critical Care Nurses
• Reference page
• Spelling grammar – multiple spelling / grammar errors
• Title page
• Discuss the current trends and issues of the chosen topic
• Relate your findings to the expected standards of care for the critically
• Discuss a plan of care in the collaborative management your chosen topic
• Evidence of critical thinking
• Integration of theory / personal experiences
• Sourcing of at least two scholarly articles related to the chosen topic dated within the last 5 years
• Minimum of 1000 words
FINAL MARK 20 marks