Requirement In posting your Reflections for this assignment, you may wish to reflect on a number of topics about what you have learned so far. To help your thinking process, how about choosing any one of the following questions: Remember, Reflection Paragraphs are your own thoughts.
Questions to ponder upon from Article by Todd Lewis
1. No Hindu religious group has ever acquired the power to define what true doctrine was and what heresy was. In this context, what are the strengths and weaknesses of the Hindu tradition?
2. Why was the influence of colonialism on the religions of India powerfully conveyed by the phrase ‘Protestant Hinduism’?
3. Why would the lowest castes regard the doctrines of Karma, caste and duty as a system designed to subjugate them?
4. Critique the following statement, coming from an ecumenical Hindu organization: ‘We can follow Jesus without contradiction, for he is none other than another avatara of lord Vishnu.’
There are four questions, please pick any one you feel confident. There are two resources you may go through:
1. Lewis, Todd. 2009. “Hinduism: Myriad Paths to Salvation.” In World Religions Today, Canadian edition, eds. John L. Esposito, Darrell J. Fasching & Todd Lewis, 237-259. New York, Oxford University Press.
2. Vasudha Narayanan. 2012. In A Concise Introduction to World Religions, 272-335. Toronto: Oxford University Press.
Please do not use other resources. Please use the tone such as “in my opinion, as far as I concern” to answer the question. Please notice which question you will answer in the beginning of paragraph.
Thank you so much.