Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
- List five features that are common to foragers.
- Briefly describe the division of labor among foragers.
- List and describe three dietary advantages of eating insects.
- Discuss and cite examples of three different human subsistence strategies.
- Describe the differences among generalized, balanced, and negative reciprocity.
- Name two similarities and two differences between the features of horticulturalism and pastoralism.
- Describe two types of currency used in market economies.
- Compare and contrast the environments and technologies of two societies you have read about.
- Discuss the pros and cons of a worldwide adoption of sustainable agriculture.
PART II: Journal
Using a minimum of three resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to discuss and review your own work, school, and life experiences in which the use of participant observation to gather data would have provided unique insights. Identify the sides in the conﬂict. Where did the “data” or information used by each side in the situation originate? How, speciﬁcally, might the data gathered by a trained anthropologist, who adheres to the anthropological code of ethics, help each side understand