Obtain an employment application and background-check policies and procedures from your employer or a company with which you are familiar.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper in which you identify the strengths and weaknesses of a company’s employment application and background-check policies and procedures.
- Answer the following questions regarding the employment application:
- Does the application provide sufficient information to conduct a background investigation?
- What waivers does the application contain?
- Is the same application used for all positions?
- What revisions would you make to the application?
- Answer the following questions regarding the organization’s background-check policies and procedures:
- What checks are conducted?
- What is the policy on drug testing?
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)?
- Is a credit check standard?
- Do background checks include interviewing previous and current neighbors?
- Are references contacted and interviewed?
- Is the background check procedure in place adequate?
- What are strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you have recommendations to enhance the process?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Provide at least 3 scholarly references, i.e. not wikipedia, college times, etc..