Create a 4- to 5-page report in Microsoft Word document that covers the investigation of serial killer Kristen Gilbert and the effects of the case on the community with regards to the following points:
- Describe the investigation. How did the investigators proceed? Was there any interaction between the killer and the police? How did investigators finally catch the killer?
- How would you evaluate the level of cooperation or communication between investigators and the community? Were the police able to warn potential victims?
- What role, if any, did programs such as the federal Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) or Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) play in the investigation? If your chosen case was from decades ago, are there investigative tools available today that could have helped?
- What was the effect on the local community while this killer was active?
- Gilbert was considered to be power/control-oriented, local, and highly organized killer. Do you feel this profile is correct? Justify this answer with examples.
- What if any, impact did this case have on law, policing, the criminal justice system, etc.?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format and use in text citations.
Must be plagiarism free!