How would you describe Hypothesis Testing to a friend outside of this statistics class? minimum 100 words
You may use the information in the texbook or ceate your own problem. Formulas are not required.
- Students, please review the following topics. Post your answers and discuss amongst your peers about what you learned this week.
- Consider a binomial random variable where the number of trials is 9 and the probability of success on each trial is 0.43. Find the mean and standard deviation of this random variable.
- Define “Type I error” in your own words.
- When should we use the t distribution?
- How do we find the degrees of freedom when using the t-distribution to estimate or test the mean of a sample from a single population?
- If my p-value = .035 and my significant level is .05, what do I say about the Null and/or Alternative Hypothesis?