Directions: Answer the following questions. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.
- 1.How is the National Guard deployed to assist in response to a disaster?
- 2.What is the role of first responders when a routine “minor disaster” occurs in a local community?
- 3.What drives the actions of local first responders?
- 4.Where can you find a detailed description of the roles and responsibilities of first responders in your community?
- 5.Who is usually in charge of developing and maintaining the community emergency plan?
- 6.Where does the emergency management office reside at the state level? Give three examples.
- 7.What is the principal source of funding for state emergency management offices?
- 8.What kinds of things do volunteer organizations provide for victims in the aftermath of a disaster?
- 9.What is the Incident Command System, and why was it originally developed?
- 10.What are the five major management systems within the Incident Command System?
- 11.What is the role of the incident commander?
- 12.At whose discretion is the decision to make a disaster declaration?
- 13.What is the National Response Framework?
- 14.How does the National Response Framework compare to its predecessors, the National Response Plan, and the Federal Response Plan?
- 15.What are some of the reasons why communications among responding agencies is crucial?
Directions: Based on your review of the article “CDC Response to the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill” (see link at the end of the Lecture Notes) write a summary report on their response to that disaster. Please ensure that your report is at least 1.5 pages in length, using 12-point font and double spacing. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.