Select an assessment instrument likely to be used in your area of professional practice. Read the reviews for your chosen assessment tool from scholarly articles that establish the appropriate use of that tool and what it purports to measure.
In your paper,
1. Analyze the theoretical basis for the selected assessment tool in your area of professional practice.
2. Apply ethical considerations associated with administering the selected assessment.
3. Compare each reviewer’s evaluation of the assessment tool and appropriateness with diverse populations. How does this comparison inform making an ethical judgment of administering the selected tool with diverse groups of clients? Be certain to cite the relevant sections of the code of ethics for your profession (ACA, AAMFT, or ASCA).
4. Incorporate a minimum of five scholarly research studies applying the selected assessment tool in professional practice.
Please use the Assignment Template listed under Resources to compose your Ethical Use of Assessment paper.
1. Written communication: Written communication must be free of errors such that the overall message is clear.
2. APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style.
3. Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
4. Length of paper: Four to six double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
5. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
*Area of professional practice = Mental Health Counseling*