Do following MS Project exercise. This is an individual assignment. Answer the questions assigned to your team.
– For questions 1 and 3 –Resources and Costs – Groups 1, 3, and 5 (Apple, Citrus, Eggplant)
– For questions 2 and 4 –Resources and Costs – Groups 2, 4 and 6 (Banana, Dates, Figs).
Note: Please carefully note which exercises you are to do. That was not a typo. The exercises you are to do are not consecutive. Rather, both groups include both labor and non-labor questions/exercises. Group A is to do the odd numbered exercises (D.1 and D.3) and Group B is to do the even numbered exercises (D.2, and D.4).
These are individual homework assignments, not team projects. However, half the class (student Group A) will do exercises D.1 and D.3 and the other half of the class (student Group B) will do exercises D.2 and D.4. Nobody needs to do both exercises. The student groups (A and B) are the same groups as those used for the Week 2 homework and are not related to the student ITP project teams.
Resources and Costs
Please write all your response in a single MS Word document covering all questions and exercises, and paste (do not attach) the screen shots into the document in-line with your text. It makes it much easier to read — and grade. Please include screen shots of each step, not just one screen shot before or one after.
- How do we assign a labor RESOURCE (human resource) to a task in MS Project? Describe AND provide a screen shot of the steps.
- What are labor COSTS in MS project? How do we assign labor COSTS to a task in MS Project? Describe AND provide a screen shot of the steps.
- What are non-labor costs in MS Project? How do we assign non-labor costs to a task in MS Project? Describe AND provide a screen shot of the steps.
- There are different kinds of non-labor costs, including expendables like supplies, one-time fixed costs, and unit rate costs (e.g., seven widgets at $13.00 each). What terms does MS Project use for these? What is the difference in how to assign these non-labor costs in MS Project?