The correct answers to the questions are highlighted and an explanation is needed for all answers (correct and incorrect). One support sentence for each answer will be great!
Question Analysis Template
Question # _________ Test ID: ____C_______
What time period/event is addressed in the question? ___________________________
Answer A/F is _________ because
Answer B/G is _________ because
Answer C/H is _________ because
Answer D/J is __________ because
- How did the actions of the Tuskegee Airmen contribute to the Civil Rights Movement?
- The unit was able to desegregate effectively during a conflict.
- G. The unit performed wartime service that increased calls for equality.
- The unit provided covert military aid before the outbreak of the war.
- The unit employed an unbreakable code for battlefield communications.
- Which situation led the United States government to create the Works Progress Administration?
- Economic hardships caused by the Great Depression
- The expansion of national parks to meet public demand
- Social instability caused by the return of World War 1 veterans
- The sale of western lands to railroad companies by homesteaders
- Many economists believe that financing government programs through deficit spending has been effective for which purpose?
- Controlling inflation during period of economic growth
- Stimulating demand during period of economic recession
- Reducing interest rates during period of economic stagnation
- Advancing new technology during period of economic recovery
- What justification did expansionists present to support their foreign policy in the late 19th century?
- The United States must meet consumer demand for foreign goods.
- The United States must complete with other nations for new territory.
- The United States must provide new territories for a growing population.
- The United States must promote industrial development in foreign countries.
- How did the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887 signal a departure from Iaissez-faire capitalism?
- It curbed the power of railroads through regulation
- It mandated government influenced federal responses to public opinion.
- It required government approval for railroad expansion.
- It destroyed the power of railroads through nationalization.
- Which action by student groups in the 1960s was inspired by the example of Rosa Parks during the 1950s?
- Holding mass protest marches
- Integrating public transportation
- Registering African American voters
- Creating a separate African American culture
- How did Germany’s use of unrestricted submarine warfare provoke the United States to enter World War 1?
F It generated anti-immigrant sentiment in the United States
G It result in the loss of lives of United States citizens
H It created competition for international markets
J It established new rules for naval battles
- During the Populist era, what was the primary argument against adopting the silver standard?
- Monetary policy should be regulated by a central bank.
- Changing the basis for currency would result in inflation.
- Issuing more currency would cause a series of bank runs.
- Monetary policy should be based on agricultural productivity.
- How did the division of Germany after World War II affected the relationship between the Soviet Union and the United States?
- Both countries allied with each other.
- Both countries sponsored a humanitarian airlift.
- Both countries competed for influence in Europe.
- Both countries created barriers to movement in Europe.
- Which statement describes an underlying rationale for the national welfare reforms passed in the mid-1990s?
- Chronic poverty is the result of barriers to economic opportunity.
- Central governments are more effective at promoting financial security.
- Public assistance programs tend to foster dependence on government aid.
- Addressing economic inequality is the most urgent matter of social injustice.
- Which goal did the women’s suffrage movement of the early 1900s share with the African American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s?
- Equal access to workplace opportunities
- An equal opportunity to receive an education
- Equal access to federally funded public services
- An equal opportunity to participate in the political process
- Which criticism of the Hawley-Smoot Tariff is valid?
- Products from the United States were affordable despite the legislation.
- High tariff rates in the United States deepened the worldwide depression.
- Availability of inexpensive foreign products harmed manufacturers in the United States.
- High tariff rates benefited foreign producers while harming business in the United States.
- How were the actions of the American Indian Movement similar to the actions of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference?
- Both groups obeyed local law.
- Both groups sought political sovereignty.
- Both groups used violence to achieve social change.
- Both groups used protests to gain national attention.
- Which of these characteristics demonstrates diversity in United States society?
- The increase in the number of people who produce exports.
- The growth of television programming in foreign languages.
- The increase in the number of citizens who obtain passports.
- The growth of traditional literature requirements in public schools
- Which statement correctly define the Marshall Plan?
- It provided assistance to rebuild Europe after World War II.
- It increased the involvement of the United States in the United Nations.
- It created an agency for providing humanitarian aid to developing countries.
- It established a policy of providing military aid to countries resisting communism.
- This headline describes a major event during President Lyndon Johnson’s administration: Daily News July 31, 1965 (President Signs Medicare Act)
Which statement by President Johnson explains the goal of the program?
- “for the time in our history, it is possible to conquer poverty”
- “children of poverty will get…training to prepare them for regular school”
- H. “every citizen will be able… to insure himself against the ravages of illness in his old age”
- “the only limit to a man’s hope for happiness, and for the future of his children, shall be his own ability”
- What has been a signification effect of United States support for Israel?
- The economic stagnation of Israel’s neighbor
- Prolonged periods of American-led peaceful negotiation in the region
- The creation of valuable trade partnerships for the United States in the region
- Increased feelings of hostility toward the United States from Israel’s neighbors
- Which statement explain increased migration to Alaska at the end of the 19th century?
- The abundance of wildlife attracted fur traders.
- The discovery of gold attracted fortune seekers.
- The construction of railroads made trading profitable.
- The proximity of foreign countries made trading profitable.
- Which urban neighborhood name would represent an example of ethnic diversity?
- The midtown arts district
- The Art Deco historic zone
- The downtown theater district
- The Little Italy cultural enclave
- Why did the United States become involved in the first Gulf War?
- The United States depended upon the importation of oil products
- The United States business community relied upon the exchange of consumer goods.
- The United States government wanted to maintain free trade routes in the oil region.
- The United States government hoped to establish democratic governments in the volatile region.