How are commodities central to globalization processes? How has that centrality played out in the five ethnographic, and how do different commodities function differently in peoples’ lives? Relate the paper title with five books:
1. Will, Richard. 2006. Home Cooking in the Global Village: Caribbean Food from Buccaneers to Eco tourists. London: Berg.
2. Miles, Ann. 2004. From Encase to Queens: An Anthropological Story of Transnational Migration. Austin: University of Texas Press.
3. Allison, Anne. 2006. Millennia Monsters: Japanese Toys and the Global Imagination. Berkeley: University of California Press.
4. Stiller, Paul. 2002. Money Has No Smell: The Americanization of New York City. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
5. Weiss, Brad. 2009. Street Dreams and Hip-Hop Barbershops: Global Fantasy in Urban Tanzania. Blooming tom: Indiana University Press.