With reference to appropriate academic literature and good practice, critically examine the above statement highlighting the reasons for the emergence of HRM and the differences between personal management and human resources management.
Your text (2,000 -2,500 words) should the following topics:
• Differences between personnel management and HRM
• The evolution of the HR function
• The role of the human resources practitioner
• The contribution of human resources management to the corporate strategy
• To explain the purpose and key objectives of the HR function in contemporary organisations.
• Identify and assess basic people management practice
• Understand how the HR function can be evaluated in terms of value added and contribution to sustained organisation performance.
• Understand the relationship between organisational performance and effective HR management and development.
Themes Criteria Weighting
*Introduction Identify and describe the nature of topic critically and thoroughly 10%
*Literature Be able to provide a summary of the literature about the evolution of HR function and the differences between personnel management and HRM. Have evidence of reading on relevant material beyond those given in teaching sessions or exercises. 30%
*Analysis and discussion Present a critical discussion which is well-grounded in academic literature about the role of the human resources practitioner and how HRM can contribute to the corporate strategy. 35%
*Conclusion and Recommendations Summarise the assignment thoroughly and critically with recommendations 15%
*Presentation Conveys all information clearly and completely with logical order. Present references according the Harvard referencing style. 10%