According to the article “Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership”, one of the most important constructs in leadership today is the concept and application of emotional intelligence (EI) (Batool, 2013).
Imagine that you are an internal consultant to an organization of your choosing. The CEO has tasked you with preparing a presentation for the Board of Directors on what emotional intelligence is, and its influence on leadership and the people within the organization. You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Fully explain emotional intelligence, and give two (2) examples of the concept. Next, examine the concept of “emotional quotient” compared to traditional “intelligence quotient.”
- Suggest three (3) reasons why leaders’ need emotional intelligence to manage today’s workforce. Speculate on at least two (2) possible consequences should a leader not possess emotional intelligence.
- Explore the elements of emotional intelligence that leaders must be aware of to increase leadership effectiveness.
- Recommend a strategy that the organization could undertake in order to improve the social skills of leaders within the organization and thereby positively influence their emotional intelligence. Support your recommendation with specific examples that illustrate why the strategy would be effective.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources. Academic references for this assignment should be formatted using APA guidelines for Annotated Bibliography. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource, and neither do web-based blogs.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA Annotated Bibliography format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.