1. Human Exceptionality: School, Community, and Family
Read chapters 7 and 10. ( Username: aenyonam/ Password: Gelementary25!)
1. Voice, Speech, and Language
Explore the Voice, Speech, and Language page, located on the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) website.
1. Empowering Students With Severe Disabilities to Actualize Communication Skills
Read “Empowering Students With Severe Disabilities to Actualize Communication Skills,” by Cascella and McNamara, from Teaching Exceptional Children (2005).
1. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
Explore the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) website.
2. National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
Explore the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) website.
Write a reflection journal of 350-400 words that addresses the following questions:
1. What are the key points in the assigned textbook reading(s) for this week?
2. Based upon your experience in education, how might you apply this content to a classroom and instruction?
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines.