Develop an operational plan for an organization of your choice. Read the article, “Operational Plan,” for an overview of the required elements in this type of plan. Create a fictional organization that includes the name, type of business, size of organization, and the product or service that the organization offers. The paper must be between 8-10 pages in length and include five scholarly sources, in addition to the text. Your paper must:
- Develop an organizational chart for the proposed organization.
- Include the title of positions and a brief description of the positions’ duties and responsibilities.
- Figure 7.7 on page 207 of the text provides an example of how to develop the organizational chart.
- Define the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Outline the basic planning process for the organization, and describes how the three levels of management influence this process.
- Explain why the quality, productivity, and profitability are important elements in the planning process.
- Evaluate the relationship between the human resource planning activities and the overall organizational strategy.
- Discuss the philosophy of management that will be applied to the management of the organization and how the structure of the organization will foster a positive work environment where employees will be motivated and productive.
- Compose the steps of control and types of controls included in the control process for the organization.
Writing the Operational Plan
The Final Paper:
- Must be 8-10 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford Online Library, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.