Describe the site and its purpose.
Directions: Provide detailed and elaborate responses to the questions below. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments and discuss how the concepts are applied in modern psychology. Your responses to each question should be at least one half of one page in length and include a minimum of two references.
1. What is stress? In your response, include the description provided by the DSM, factors that predispose a person to stress, and characteristics of stressors.
2. What is the relationship between physical health and stress? How does optimism and negative affect impact the stress response? What can individuals do to mitigate the health risks associated with prolonged stress?
3. Discuss the fear and anxiety response patterns. Discuss the fight or flight response, anxiety, and unconditional versus learned sources of fear and anxiety.
4. Discuss Generalized Anxiety disorder, its psychological casual factors, the role of control and predictability, worry and cognition. How is it treated?
Review the Web resources in the lecture notes. Select at least three websites that you consider valuable. In a document that is at least one page in length, provide the following information.
2. How does it demonstrate credibility?
3. Explain how the information provided on the site may be beneficial to students and professionals.