Directions: Please answer each of the following questions. Please ensure that your responses are at least 3 to 5 sentences in length.
1. What is chemosynthesis?
2. For glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and the electron-transport system, list two molecules that enter and two molecules that leave each pathway.
3. Why are there different end products from different forms of fermentation? What are these end products?
4. Describe how carbohydrates, fats, and proteins can be interconverted from one to another.
5. Photosynthesis is a biochemical pathway that involves three kinds of activities. Name these activities and explain how they are related to each other.
6. How do photosystem I and photosystem II differ in the kinds of reactions that take place?
7. Even though animals do not photosynthesize, they rely on the sun for their energy. Explain this concept.
8. What is the value of a plant that has more than one kind of photosynthetic pigment?
9. Aerobic cellular respiration occurs in three stages. Name these stages and briefly describe what happens in each stage.
10. How is aerobic cellular respiration different in prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms?
PART II: ESSAY
Directions: Write a 1 to 2 page, double-spaced paper in 12 pt. font in response to the following question. Find one article using AAU’s LIRN (library) to use as support. Please use APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for an effective guide on how use LIRN and for concise APA guidelines.
Explain the Krebs cycle process. Why is the Krebs cycle so important for our bodies? Why do many body builders study this process?