A strategic purpose for a well-blended compensation program, one that includes various types of direct compensation, is gaining employee commitment and productivity. One of the most effective tactics for this strategy is designing a process for linking individual achievement to organizational goals.
Prepare a report to senior leaders addressing the following:
- Explain the concept of tying performance to organizational goals.
- Describe the different types of individual and group-level performance measurements.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of individual versus group-level performance recognition?
- Discuss the options an organization has to link individual or group monetary rewards to organizational success.
- Develop recommendations for how to implement, monitor, and evaluate such a program.