Suppose you were contracted by a local medium-sized business to speak with its business unit leaders about the importance of resource permissions in organizations. In your first moments on the job, you learn from a senior-level employee that the company just experienced a data theft incident at the hands of an employee, primarily due to the lack of permissions and resource segregation in the company. You later learn that there are multiple file servers on the network on which full control permissions are applied for the domain “Everyone” group.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain the basic need for and concepts of file / folder permissions and business unit resource segregation in organizations so the company leaders will understand the importance of each.
- Specify the strategy you would utilize for leveraging the business unit leaders to gain the necessary buy-in to implement your plan for resource and data segregation in the company.
- Justify the use of NTFS permissions for the folders / files on the network and explain the top two to three (2-3) reasons this is the most reliable option at the business unit leaders’ disposal.
- Prepare a plan for utilizing Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to achieve the goals of setting secure permissions on business unit resources.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the various types of servers and services required within organizations.
- Describe the need for and benefits of hardware and software integration in a server environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, install, configure, maintain, and update a computer system for use as a server.
- Demonstrate the ability to configure networking, file, remote management, and print services.
- Describe the major functional challenges and configuration solutions associated with data storage.
- Describe and configure secure systems, networks, and computing applications.
- Analyze the creation, configuration, and maintenance of virtual servers, storage, and networks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in server environments.
- Write clearly and concisely about server administration topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.