The focus of the capstone project is to solve a contemporary social and criminal justice issue through the application of information from a variety of related fields, which may include sociology, law, psychology, and ethics. In developing a proposed solution to a modern social and criminal justice issue, you are encouraged to use scholarly and primary sources, multimedia, and interviews with professionals in the field (if possible) to identify and devise a workable plan.
PLEASE FOLLOW BELOW GUIDELINES
THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE ISSUE IS:
UNITED STATES OVERCROWDED PRISON DUE TO THE LOW LEVEL VIOLENT OFFENDERS DUE TO THESE POLOCIES: THREE STRIKES YOUR OUT, MANDATORY MINUMUM SENTENCING, WAR ON DRUGS. SOLUTION: REVITALIZE SENTENCING GUIDELINES, EFFECTIVE PROGRAMS(DRUG COURTS).
HOW THE PAPER WILL BE GRADED
PLEASE INCLUDE IN PAPER
1.Organization: Introduction, Thesis Statement, and Conclusion
2. Proposes the Resolution to the Social and Criminal Justice Issue
3. Examines the Operations of the Criminal Justice System Related to the Issue and Resolution
4. Analyze How Criminal Justice Theories in Relation to the US Constitution and Landmark US Supreme Court Decisions Impact the Issue and Support Your Proposed Resolution
5. Explanation of How Social and Criminal Justice Systems Promote Social Equality and Fairness for all and How These Concepts’ Impact the Issue on Resolution; Focusing Upon Poverty, Racism and Religion
6. Describe at Least Two Careers in Criminal Justice (Either in Existence or to-be-Created) For the Agencies that May be Involved in Addressing the Chosen Issue and Resolution