HR ethics are important to organizations as they can have legal and moral implications. In this assignment, you will develop a plan to resolve some of the ethical and legal issues involved in a merger. Use the University online library and textbooks to read about ethical and legal issues.
Consider the following scenario:
As part of the employment contracts, employees have certain rights. For example, employees have the right to not be coerced into situations against their will. They expect to be able to access the information, which affects their job, company, and career. Such work situations can increase stress, lower self-esteem and productivity, cause loss of trust, and decrease efficiency.
Good employees who are looking for a more secure work environment may resign and take valuable tacit knowledge and talent with them. It is the responsibility of HR management to create an ethical work environment before, during, and after the merger.
As a strategic HR Director, you have been asked to identify ethical and legal issues involved in a merger and develop a plan to resolve these issues. Your plan should address the following:
- Identify specific legal and ethical issues that should be considered before, during, and after the merger.
- Develop an implementation plan for managing the potential legal and ethical concerns for the merger.
- Explain how the proposed plan would help managers establish an ethical work environment.
- Develop a plan for how to resolve ethical and legal issues.
Write a 4-to-5-page plan in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
Case Study—Training Assessment
Training assessment is an important task for HR personnel. Use the University online library and textbooks to read about training assessments.
Then, consider the following scenario:
You have recently been appointed as a training manager for the southeast region of a major supermarket chain in the U.S. Your territory includes 15 retail stores. Your responsibility involves working directly with store managers and other stakeholders to develop training solutions to meet specific needs of employees in various stores. This includes, but is not limited to, performing needs assessments, determining appropriate instructional design and training delivery methods, as well as implementing and evaluating training initiatives.
Three of the stores in your territory have missed sales goals for the last two quarters. All three stores have received low customer satisfaction scores and are experiencing increased employee turnover rates. The high employee turnover has resulted in the store managers hiring many new and relatively inexperienced sales associates, which further contributes to the problem.
The senior management team of the supermarket chain believes that training and development may help decrease employee turnover and increase customer satisfaction. You have been asked to assess training needs and develop a proposal to address the situation in these three stores.
Use scholarly resources and your learning, address the following:
- Identify, using simple heuristics, the indicators that show that the specific problems experienced by the three stores can be resolved through training.
- Design a needs assessment plan and identify three specific training initiatives you would recommend for these employees. Include the expected outcomes for the three training initiatives in your proposal.
- Select one of the specific training initiatives you identified and develop a budget of projected costs to implement this initiative.
Write a 4-to-5-page training proposal in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources