Final fieldwork paper will involve conducting low inference transcription. These are objective accounts of what students are engaged in during a period of time. You will then use these transcripts to answer the questions below. (My focal child is a 3rd grader. You can choose the focal child to be male or female.)
1. How does the environment appear to influence your focal child’s behavior?
2. How does your focal child interact with peers and teachers, and does this seem to play a role in his/her classroom behavior?
3. Considering your focal child’s socially/ culturally/ racially/ gender aspects of being, what ideas experiences, strengths, and challenges does your focal child bring to the classroom?
The last 3 questions that will guide your paper are based on the classroom as a whole.
1. How teacher-child relationship in the school appear to affect children’s learning?
2. How does the school reflect the community where it is located? How does the community context seem to influence life at the school?
3. How do peer relations at school appear to influence students’ social-emotional skills?