Companies that intentionally hire a diverse workforce have human resources processes in place to manage diversity. However, companies that slowly become diverse without a strategic plan may find more discrimination between managers and subordinates and between employees.
In this assignment, you will create a report on the impact of diversity and discrimination regulations on strategic organizational diversity.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research companies that are known for their ethical business practices. Based on your research, complete the following:
- Select three publicly traded companies from this list.
- Gather information about the companies’ HR practices related to diversity, discrimination, and people with disabilities.
Then, address the following questions for each company:
- Does the organization have a diversity initiative/statement or policy? If so, do the business practices align with policy? Provide examples from your research.
- Do the organization’s hiring practices exemplify inclusiveness?
- If yes, please provide examples.
- If the organization’s code of ethics does not specify the practice of inclusion, assess whether it is appropriate for the organization’s culture and business strategy. Justify your answers by using professional and peer-reviewed literature to identify specific elements that support your position.
- Based on your analysis of this information, make recommendations that can be implemented to ensure ethical conduct with employees. The recommendations must address the following concerns:
- What are some weaknesses of strategic organizational diversity and how can organizations improve them? What factors should be considered?
- The theory of inclusion provides a broader perspective of diversity. As the workforce continues to exemplify a broader base of minority groups, the dominant population begins to lessen and questions emerge. Based on the idea of inclusion, do white men fit into a diversity requirement? Provide a robust discussion with proper literature support and relevant industry examples in your response.
Write a 6–8-page, double-spaced paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.