My course for this term paper is called Human Recourse Economics. I want you to force on the Canadian Economic market. I have attached the structure document and a reference research document, that research reference document is my college library Database. If you think you can find something more better than my college library database, you are free to choose. The structure offers 5 topic related to our course but if you think you have another better topic, you are also free to use. This term paper is worth too many marks, and i want you to do your best to make this term paper approaching perfect. Thanks.
Question / Problem Definition:
In this section you should outline the topic for the paper and ask a specific question. Please remember that I do not want a descriptive paper but rather one that answers a question.
Economic Theories (Optional):
In this section of the paper you should briefly outline any theories that you are going to use in the paper. This would be the place to clearly state any assumptions. Please remember that any assumptions will have to make sense through the entire paper.
In this section of the paper you should analyze the information that you have collected. State both sides of the argument and make sure that you are treating the subject objectively.
Conclusion and Recommendations:
In this section make sure you answer the question from the first section, that the analysis in the third section supports your answer and that your answer is definitive. Make sure that you make at least two practical recommendations.
Clearly list all reference materials.
You are free to choose your own topic for the paper. If you are unsure as to the relevance of the topic please check with me before you start work.
The following list contains some general topics, feel free to use them but you will have to make them more specific:
o Are unions still relevant and practical in the Canadian Labour Market?
o Can Total Quality Management (TQM) be effective in North America?
o Is there wage rate discrimination in the government today?
o Are we effectively educating medical professionals for the United States?
o Are the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer still today?
1. Show your knowledge
2. Deliver your message
• Write the paper as if your reader knows nothing about the subject.
• Re-write as often as possible:
– Ask someone else to critique your paper.
– Ask someone unfamiliar with the subject to read the paper and tell you if it is clear what you mean.
• If you are unable to concentrate do something else for a while.
• Feel free to pass a draft in to me at any time, there is an “assignment” on www.turnitin.com to provide easy submission and quick response.
• If you do not want to pass in a draft you may wish to discuss aspects of your paper such as
– Your question
– Your theories, if you are using any
– Your data sources
• Grammar is not directly marked.
• But in order to convey you message clearly you should work at using the best possible grammar in your paper.
• I will highlight obvious grammatical errors for your information.
Plain Language – Before you Start Writing
• Who is your Audience?
• What do you want to say?
• How should you organize the Information?
• How should you present the information?
Plain Language – Make Your Ideas Effective
• Organize your ideas
• Help your reader find the information
• Write the way you speak
Plain Language – Clear and Simple Paragraphs and Sentences
• Limit each paragraph to one idea
• Don’t overload sentences
• Link your ideas
• Avoid ambiguity
• Avoid double negatives
Plain Language – Think About Your Choice of Words
• Cut out unnecessary words
• Explain technical words
• Don’t change verbs into nouns
• Explain complex ideas
• Choose your words carefully
• Use acronyms carefully
Plain Language – Appearances are Very Important
• Headings and sub-headings
• Table of Contents
• Graphics and Illustrations