To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 8 in the course text, Research Design, and the “Quantitative Methods: Examples” media segment.
- Explain how survey and experimental methods—including components, terminology, elements, statistics, etc.—are similar and different.
- Determine which kinds of research questions would be served by a survey or an experimental method.
- Examine the reasons why reliability and validity are important in research.
- Generalize about how popular quantitative methods are in your discipline.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post 2–3 paragraphs that compare survey strategies of inquiry with experimental strategies of inquiry.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the reading(s) and/or media segment(s) and use APA format.