Solving a Business Problem
The purpose of this assignment is to solve a business problem using research and critical thinking. First, for the assignment in this unit, you will conduct research on the business problem you identified in the RPZ Marketing case, seeking alternative solutions, and choosing the one you can justify as the best. Then, in your Unit 10 assignment, you will use the results of your research and thinking to present a proposal with your solution to the RPZ executives and board of directors.
Examine the business challenges facing RPZ Marketing, and select one problem that is of particular interest to you. Define the purpose of your research by articulating a clear statement of the problem to be solved. Explain why solving this problem is important to the business. Based on the way in which you have stated the problem, conduct research in business-related journals to explore current thinking on how that type of challenge can best be addressed.
Write a paper in which you:
- Define the problem.
- Explain why this problem is important to the business.
- Describe the benefits of solving the problem.
- Synthesize what you have learned from your reading on the topic, summarizing each of these aspects:
- Alternative solutions to the problem that you have found in the literature.
- Pros and cons of each solution or approach for RPZ.
- The decision you would make for RPZ (which solution or approach).
- The reasons for your decision.