You will complete an original theoretical paper addressing one area of sensation and perception. For example, you might want to examine how effective cochlear implants can be, or how synesthesia works, or how drugs can produce hallucinations or what is the latest research on how to serve wine to give it the best taste. Try to pick a topic of personal interest to you.
The term paper is to be a minimum of 6 pages in length (NOT including the title page, abstract, or references) with all text double-spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman font, maximum with 1″ margins. You must have a minimum of 5 references for this paper and references must be scholarly references. Use the library website to find these articles and be sure to select only peer-reviewed articles from reputable psychology/biology/medical journals.
This paper is to be written in American Psychological Association (6th edition) format, and is to include:
• A title page with title, name, affiliation, and running head.
• An abstract in which you summarize the entire paper in one to two paragraphs.
• An introductory paragraph in which you will introduce the topic of interest at the macro level.
• Seven to ten well-developed paragraphs in which you present the body of your paper.
• One to three summary paragraphs where you summarize the findings of your paper.
• One to three practical implications paragraphs in which you describe the importance of this research for the field of psychology, as well as for the improvement of humans in general.
• One or more directions for future research paragraphs.
• A reference page in APA format in which you include ALL of the articles/research that you have used in your paper.