Title: Financing Government Operations
The Final Paper will be 12 double-spaced pages and will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Final Paper
Utilizing a public policy of your choice from the local government where you reside, (Writer you can choose an area within the U.S. or preferably choose to use the state of Georgia (Atlanta) to complete the following:
• Analyze that local government’s revenues and possible funding options for the chosen public policy.
Additionally, utilizing the local government’s annual budgeting documents and any other pertinent documents, incorporate each of the following below into your paper:
a. Describe restrictions that are (or could be) placed on those revenues.
b. Evaluate how public policy decisions affect the receipt of revenues.
c. Analyze the economic conditions that affect revenue projections.
d. Recommend a revenue policy that aligns with community values.
The Final Paper should focus on real-life, real-time applications of topics covered in this course, including the uses you have seen and the uses you can envision. The paper must be submitted to your instructor no later than the last day of class.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be 12 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Any exhibits or appendices are also not counted in the paper length.
2. Must include a cover page that includes:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use a six total scholarly sources, inclusive of the class text book
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style, which lists the scholarly sources you relied upon in constructing your paper.
9. NOTE: BE SURE TO INCLUDE COMPLETE FULL SENTENCES AND FULL PAGES. WRITE CLEAR AND CONCISE INFORMATION.
Book: Public Budgeting Systems
o Go to this link….BOOK SHELF