The objective of this assignment is to go beyond theory to provide you with the necessary tools to apply the marketing concepts presented during the week to your consumer experience or to your organization or the industry in which it operates.
At the completion of this assignment you will achieve the following module objectives:
• Identify and explain the appropriate price strategies according to the product life-cycle.
• Distinguish the differences between the various types of distribution channels.
• In this personal application assignment you will work on one product category or service offered by the organization you work for. If this is not possible, select one product of an organization in which you have worked before, or an organization you would like to work for in the future.
1) Evaluate the pricing strategy of the product (refer to Chapter 8). Describe the pricing strategy employed.
2) Identify and evaluate the distribution channels employed to distribute the product in question. What types of channels are used? List all the channel members and describe their functions (refer to Chapter 9).
3) Evaluate the channel performance with respect to the customer reach, operating efficiency and service quality (refer to pg. 312).
• Connect the material in the course to your explanations. Do not ramble, or re-define the concepts, apply them and be precise. Make your points in approximately 4 paragraphs; each paragraph should have about 3-4 sentences.
onnect the material in the course to your explanations. Simply stating that “the Facebook page of the company states the product has issues,” is not enough. You must explain the impact of poor product quality using marketing concepts. Instead, you can say something like this:
“The lack of product testing resulted in poor product quality. The consumers expressed their dissatisfaction by using social media as a way to spread negative word of mouth.”
• Post your analysis on the corresponding discussion forum. Include the reference if you did your own research.
THE TEXT BOOK IS Market-based Management : Strategies for Growing Customer Value and Profitability
Roger J. Best I HAVE IT IN MY KINDLE LIBRARY for referring to the chapters mentioned in the instructions
IF YOU HAVE KINDLE USER NAME BAD_BMW3@HOTMAIL.COM IS THE